Although we are living in a smoothie generation sometimes I free my juicer from dust and start juicing 🙂 Taking my favorite fruits and vegetables and creating creative concoctions not only nourishes my body but can also uplift my mind and spirit – specially when it’s PINK ❤
Do you have a juicer at home? Then it’s about time to take it out and start juicing! (Kitchen tools I don’t use on a regular base are hidden somewhere in the back of my cupboard – but every now and then it’s just the right time to use it!) You can purchase a juice or smoothie in almost every cafe and store but it has so many benefits to making your own juices at home: You are in control of what you put in your drink & save money going homemade and the varieties are endless!
Some JUICE TIPS:
♥ Buy organic, saisonal & local products if possible.
♥ Although it’s organic make sure you wash your fruits and vegetables before juicing.
♥ Enjoy your juice right away – the fresher your drink the more nutritional benefits it has.
♥ Normally it’s recommended to make as much as you can drink. Personally I always make more – I love to freeze them in ice cube trays. Nothing looks nicer than a glass of water with a pink ice cube which slowly colors the rest of the water.
- 300g beetroots, cooked and peeled
- 700g carrots
- 3 green apples
- 4cm ginger
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- mint leaves
- slices of lemon
- paper straws
- Start preparing the beetroots a day in advance. Add the beetroots in a pot with salted water and bring to a boil – reduce heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes – until done. The timing always depends on the size of the root. Drain and let cool.
- Peel the beetroot (I personally would recommend that you wear gloves so you don’t color your hands pink – it is really difficult to get rid of them.)
- Add beetroots, carrots, apples, ginger into the juicer and juice until the vegetables are finished. Squeeze in the lemon and shake.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for one day or freeze in ice cube trays.