Hello 2016 – finally back on my feet I want to start my first post this year with my personal sweet little sin: homemade candied walnuts ❤
“Life happens while you’re making plans”
When I started my holidays last December I had millions of plans: celebrate Christmas with my boyfriends family, visit my parents in Salzburg, go skiing, paint my walls, reorganize my blog, making a posting plan to become a little more professional, prepare some recipes in advance, etc.
What I actually did? Nothing – due to catching one infectious virus after the other I transformed into a bear and held an involuntary hibernation 🙂
Awakened from hibernation let me introduce you to my homemade candied walnuts – adding a pinch of cinnamon does the extra twist. Totally obsessed with this sweet snack I also use them as an add on for salads, Italian dishes and different breakfast items. Coming more the next couple of weeks!
Love at the first BITE!
- 100g waltnuts
- 20ml water
- 40g brown sugar, fine
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160°C (upper and lower heat – don’t use the fan function).
- Add water and brown sugar in a small non sticky frying pan on high heat. Stir constantly till the sugar dissolves.
- When the sugar water starts bubbling you can add the nuts and combine. Additionally for the little extra twist add a pinch of cinnamon and stir.
- Put the nuts on baking paper and bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown. (Every oven is different – I would recommend that you keep an eye on your nuts every few minutes…)
- Let them cool and break apart any nuts that are stuck together.