Homemade beetroot chips are really easy to make and they are so healthy and delicious! If you like the sweet and earthy taste of beetroots you’ll love this – maximum flavor & minimum fuss.
After eating so much sweet stuff during christmas season I always need something sour and crispy in between. Today I want to introduce you to one of my favorite taste variations with vegetabable chips: Beatroot – Seasalt and crumbled red peppercorns!
In Austria beets are in season right now and it’s one of my all time favorite vegetables, whether in salads, soups, chips and even with chocolate you can combine it with almost everything. And I love the pinkish purple color – it pimps up my kitchen during the foggy days.
- 1 beetroot, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper corns, crumbled
- a pinch of sea salt, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Wash the beets and clean them using a brush. Dry them, using an old dishcloth. Then slice the beets thinly with a mandolin – the thinner they are the less temperature and time they’ll need in the oven.
- Divide on two baking sheets and add a pinch of sea salt, crumble the red pepper corns on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and flip after haft the time – until crispy.
Note: Every oven is different – so you’ll better keep an eye on them so they don’t burn if you bake them for the first time.
- Serve immediately.