Do you eat fruits and vegetables five times a day as it was always taught by our parents? No – me neither! So why not putting at least a few in a healthy & fruity salad?
Adding a peachy taste to a salad was a new experience for me – although I love adding other fruits to salads and it was definitely worth trying. Most of the time I eat salads as a main dish – with an Italian burrata cheese you will be well stuffed and still can move! But you can also serve it as a starter.
Tomatoes and peaches are both rich in Vitamine A and C, are good for your skin and have a positive effect on your mood. In Hungary peaches are often known as the “fruits of harmony” because as the people believe it takes away your anxiety.
Peachy Summer Salad
- 2 saturn peaches, cored, halfed and cut into strips
- 1 burrata cheese (you can also use mozzarella)
- 4 small Tigerella tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 yellow tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 sprigs of purple basil
- Start preparing the peaches and arrange them on a plate – set the burrata in the middle.
- Arrange the tomatoes around the burrata cheese – one yellow one tiger tomatoe so it looks symmetric.
- Place some sprigs of purple and green basil on the burrata – crumble the rest of the purple basil on top of the salad.
- Pour over some plum vinaigrette.