Born from leftovers – this dish has become indispensable in my kitchen. It is so easy and quick to make – you’re gonna love it!
When it comes to couscous – there is nothing faster – just pour boiling water over the couscous, soak for 5 minutes and you’re done. Couscous is often served as a side dish – adding some grilled turkey breast makes it a great main course.
Originally this turkey couscous salad is a result from leftovers. I guess almost everyone of us sometimes buys a little bit too much food – and then you have some leftovers in your fridge. So if you don’t have all ingredients for my recipe at home – just take the vegetables you have – this also will work! I guarantee!!!
My turkey couscous salad is the perfect party food, but also makes a great lunchbox filler for a day out and is equally good at home from the fridge – I always tend to make a little more so I have something for the next day.
SERVES: 3 TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 100g couscous
- 3 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 3 cellery, finely sliced
- 500 g turkey breast
- fresh black pepper for taste
- salt for taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roast chicken seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil
For the dressing:
- 1 lemon, fresh pressed
- 10 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- fresh parsley
- Start with the couscous and pour boiling water over it, soak for 5 minutes.
- Finely slice all vegetables and put them in a big bowl.
- Directly pour all ingredients for the dressing over the vegetables and stir so everything is combined well.
- Before you start preparing the turkey breast always wash and pat dry the breast with a kitchen towel. Then cut the breast into 3-4cm small cubes. Season with salt, garlic powder, chicken seasoning and freshly grated black pepper on both sides – let it soak a little.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the turkey cubes on both sides till dark golden brown on medium heat – for each side you’ll need 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fluff up the couscous with a fork and add it to the vegetable bowl and mix well.
- Add the hot turkey cubes to the salad – I love it when your salad is slightly warm when served.
- Serve on plates and season with finely cut parsley. If you have some leftover – refrigerate & enjoy it the next day!