HOT – HOTTER – HOTTEST – and what tastes better on a hot day than a simple and refreshing summer starter that needs a minimum time for preparation?
For preparing my soup I always use a grater to rub the cucumber because I love it when there is still a crunchy bite left. Make sure the water the cucumber looses stays in the bowl – you need enough liquid for the soup. In combination with the finely cut mint leaves it tastes so refreshing and yummy!
If you have a time lack just use a blender – putting all ingredients together and whisk until smooth – put some extra ice cubes in it – so you don’t have to refrigerate it. The whole “cooking” doesn’t take more than five minutes.
SERVES: 2 TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper for taste
- 250g sour cream
- two sprigs of mint
- Peel cucumbers and use a grater and rub the cucumber as small as you want.
- Place in a bowl and season with the finely cut mint leaves, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Reserve two sprigs of mint for garnish. You can use a little bit more of salt because the cucumber absorbs a lot of it. Whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate for an hour or longer so the flavors can combine.
- Before serving add the sour cream and stir well – ladle into two small bowls. Garnish each serving with a sprig of mint.