Nowadays Chia seeds – the SUPERFOOD – are on everyone’s mind and about two months ago my mother was completely insane about these healthy seeds and told me I need to try them and figure out some recipes for her.
Well, I’ve never heard anything about them before so I just googled „Chia seeds“ and tons of information rolled upon me… The plant Chia is a type of sage and originates from Central- and South America. I found an article which I want to share with you, where I think the health benefits are described best: BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
Overwhelmed of all those great health benefits I ran into the next organic store and bought me some. Since then I almost eat them every day. Now I want to share one of my Chia seed recipes with you which I created last weekend for my guests.
For my “Chia seeds with hot & creamy strawberries” recipe I used almond milk – the Chia seeds soak any liquid you put them in and they form a jelly like substance around them. Adding some hot & creamy strawberries with agave syrup tastes like Granny’s strawberry marmalade on top of it – yummy!
- 200ml almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 200g stawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons maple sugar flakes
- Use a measuring cup and stir in the almond milk and Chia seeds.
- Divide the liquid mixture equally into five small glasses.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours so the liquid will be absorbed by the Chia seeds and form a jelly like consistency.
- In the meantime you can wash and slice the strawberries into small bites. Put them in a pot – add the Agave syrup and heat it up for five minutes. Always stay aside and stir till the strawberries loose some liquid.
- Take out the glasses and spoon in the hot strawberries.
- Decorate with maple sugar flakes.